The registration of Sharecare Ghana has finally gone though and I’m so thrilled!!!
A little bit about the organisation:
Sharecare Ghana is a support group for people in Ghana with rare neuro-immunological conditions – Transverse Myelitis, Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM), Optic Neuritis, Neuromyelitis Optica (Devic’s disease), Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus (which are also rare in Ghana).
The objectives are to:
* Create awareness about these diseases, which were hitherto unheard of, or undiagnosed in these parts;
* Facilitate visits and meetings of people with these conditions and their families;
* Get specialists to give educational talks to members and their families;
* Act as an advocacy group to put pressure on local and national health authorities to treat neuro-immunological diseases with the seriousness deserved in the national health care delivery system;
* Advocate for subsidized long-term drug treatment;
* Advocating research into these conditions;
* Raising funds for research;
* Advocating proper implementation of the Disability Act of Ghana;
* Networking with similar support groups locally and worldwide;
* Hosting a website for people with long-term illnesses to share their experiences and treatment options.
Sharecare Ghana is the Ghana Support Network of the Transverse Myelitis Association (TMA).
I’ll keep giving you updates.